Share on Facebook5Share on Google+0Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest0

Guest Comments

Barbara Weibel

“What impressed me most about the Laurelwood Mountain Inn, other than the fact that is was one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in, was the obvious thought that had been given to the guest’s comfort. Towels were soft and fluffy, a full complement of shampoo/conditioner/lotions were set out for my use, the bed was firm yet extremely comfortable; even the pillows were fluffy…

“Located deep within the Nantahala Forest, Cashiers sits within a glittering emerald valley encircled by 5,000-foot high peaks. Sunshine streams down through crisp pine-scented air, illuminating the distant craggy stone faces of the surrounding mountains, and pine-scented air lures visitors into the surrounding woods, where spongy footpaths carpeted with last winter’s detritus follow rushing creeks to thundering waterfalls. I’ve tried – and failed – to imagine a destination more alluring than Cashiers, North Carolina, or a more perfect mom and pop motel than the Laurelwood Mountain Inn.”
[Read More…]

Article in Charleston Magazine by writer Nan Chase
“With all this adventuring, I was happy to have booked lodgings at the Laurelwood Mountain Inn, nestled in the woods yet right in the center of Cashiers. I stayed in a comfortable suite with a screened porch and the same piney-clean smell as my grandmother’s long-ago summer home. Out back, the friendly innkeepers told me, a village walking trail links many of the shops and eateries away from automobile traffic….”
To read more, click here.

Posted by Johnny B.

Just spent a couple of nights at the Laurelwood Mountain Inn and it was wonderful. The rooms are great, the location is great, but the best thing are the people. We felt very welcome and everyone is so friendly. Hope to see you soon for our next stay.

In-room comment card by Art F.

A real haven in a snow storm! Quite comfortable. Will return as often as possible. Thank you!

Email from James H.
Thank you so much for such a great place to stay on our honeymoon. The cabin was awesome! We have already decided to make arrangements for our one year anniversary to be booked back with you next year. Our families are even excited about coming to stay a week as well. We are definitely promoting the Laurelwood Mountain Inn to all our friends. Thanks again for everything!

Posted by Linda F.
I came with a friend and stayed in a Cabin Suite. I loved the serene atmosphere and the friendly people. This is a great place to come and get away from the hectic life in the city. I’ve booked another weekend at the inn, already.

Email from Linda H.
Bob, Thanks so much for all your patient help last night as I booked rooms and suites for my family for the November wedding trip. If that was any indication of your hospitality – and I know it was – then I’m even more excited about staying at the Inn. We are all really looking forward to our visit, and appreciate the extra steps you took to make sure I had the right accommodations for all concerned. I can’t tell you the relief I felt when we worked everything out, and I knew my extended family and I would have something more to look forward to than “just a plain old hotel room.” I felt like I was talking to a friend, and, in this day and age, such customer service as you provided is worthy of note and praise! I hope you and yours have a wonderful summer, and we’ll see you in November!

Letter from Clair and Jon G.
Dear Laurelwood, Thank you so much for your gracious hospitality towards our wedding guests. Everyone loved their stay at the Inn and we heard rave reviews of the staff and of the rooms there. Thank you so much for making our wedding weekend comfortable and fun for everyone.

Posted by The Mitchell’s
The grounds were impeccable and created a relaxing atmosphere. The location was extremely convenient for shopping, eating, and site-seeing. The room and bathroom was exceptional and clean. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. Without hesitation, we will gladly stay here again.

Posted by Danny M.
We have stayed at the Inn twice now and love it. The last trip rewarded us with prime viewing of the fall leaves. Since we are new property owners in Cashiers, we expect to be back many times in the future. The exploring around Cashiers is endless. If you love the outdoors and that country mountain feel, then the Inn and Cashiers is for you.

Posted by Vicky K.
We stayed in a suite in a suite. We found it very clean and loved the log cabin look. I was pleasantly surprised at how secluded it seems while being in the heart of town. I could find anything I needed at the shops and the butcher next store has great meats for the bbq. The cabins are beautiful and I hated to leave. Make sure you go see some waterfalls!

Posted by Robert L.
Thanks for our wonderful stay last weekend. We loved the suites and found they were stocked with everything we needed. Your personal touch really adds to the value of your property. We will come back and recommend you to our friends!

Posted by L. Straub
We have been here many times. A wonderful inn, friendly owners. Cashiers is a relaxing community, with great food and shops.

Posted by Gates
What a beautiful stay! We love this area and your property. We’ll be back!